Thursday 20 March 2008

Something New...

Alright, it's not a competition. Were it a competition, I would lose; I don't even know the rules. Are defamatory comments allowed? Conjecture on a rival's sexual persuasion? No.

Inspired by a close friend (not a rival) I have revived my blogging career, blowing away the thick carpeting of sediment from inside my skull and grinding my poorly lubricated brain into something resembling locomotion. Please forgive a bit of squeaking in the first few posts.

His blog is very good - but it's not a competition. Its writer is, like me, a budding journalist, a bleeding heart and an infallible judge of current affairs. Kind of. This blog, like millions of others, will be a platform for my thoughts and feelings on a variety of issues, hopefully focusing on daily news items - like a broken leader writer, sitting forlornly on the newspaper steps, bedraggled and slurring his hopelessly ill-informed view of the world to an audience who didn't ask for it.

Only I've not been made redundant, my wife hasn't left me and I have no delusions of influence over anyone. But I think its good to write nonetheless - it's nice to feel you have some outlet for thought, some way of manifesting your daily anger, amusement or apathy.

I'm going on holiday tomorrow, after having tenderly nurtured a fear of flying over the last few months. If I make it to my destination I shall, drunk on adrenaline, write an exultant carpe diem, extolling the virtues of life as fast as my frantic fingers will allow. My heart knocks against my hollow chest in anticipation. And fear.

No comments: